Welcome to the "Do the Math" Challenge Cambridge blog!

From October 4-8, 2010, several members of the Cambridge community will be eating from a typical food hamper in order to draw attention to poverty in our community and what many people on social assistance experience on a regular basis. This is in support of the Put Food in the Budget Campaign, which is calling for a $100 Healthy Food Suppliment in Ontario to support the health and well being of all Ontarians.

Follow along as the participants share their thoughts.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rob's First Post

(This should have posted before the previous post from Rob- Sorry! ) - Admin

Yesterday when I went to the food bank the wonderful volunteer who assisted me as a pleasure to meet;

Friendly, helpful and gave me tips on how to stretch my food further.
The Food bank have an amazing staff. 

So I now watch people with food thinking I’m hungry which I’m probably not.

I even hope some people carrying large bags of food would trip on the sidewalk so I could grab their food as it scattered.

But I’m a pastor so I shouldn’t think these thoughts.

I saw dandelions in my lawn, I thought there is food for a salad, but as I picked a green and ate it, it was even more bitter than the dandelion salads I remember mom serving us.

Okay enough blogging, I’m getting blogged down.

Rob Heintz

No comments:

Post a Comment