Welcome to the "Do the Math" Challenge Cambridge blog!

From October 4-8, 2010, several members of the Cambridge community will be eating from a typical food hamper in order to draw attention to poverty in our community and what many people on social assistance experience on a regular basis. This is in support of the Put Food in the Budget Campaign, which is calling for a $100 Healthy Food Suppliment in Ontario to support the health and well being of all Ontarians.

Follow along as the participants share their thoughts.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Jeff: Day 3

Last night (and leftovers today) is Kraft dinner. Alas, another meal I have not “enjoyed” for 35 years.

My wife was kind enough to lend me a teaspoon of ketchup (I hope that doesn’t break the rules), but I could not enjoy the cheesy surprise without a little red.
My wife is not involved in my hamper challenge, but she is challenging me just the same.
While watching TV last night, I heard a strange crinkling sound. She was trying to sneak a potato chip while I sat less that eight feet away. That hurt. Then she had the nerve to try to consume an all-sort candy.


But I was brave. Give me a day-old bun and my trusty peanut butter and I’m good to go.
I better start eating my canned fruit or I could be in trouble after all those carbs.
One more day to go.


Jeff Hurst

No comments:

Post a Comment