Welcome to the "Do the Math" Challenge Cambridge blog!

From October 4-8, 2010, several members of the Cambridge community will be eating from a typical food hamper in order to draw attention to poverty in our community and what many people on social assistance experience on a regular basis. This is in support of the Put Food in the Budget Campaign, which is calling for a $100 Healthy Food Suppliment in Ontario to support the health and well being of all Ontarians.

Follow along as the participants share their thoughts.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jeff's Update

Day One:
I skipped breakfast because I just wasn’t quite ready to mix up some powdered milk. Bad memories from my early years when my mother would try to trick us into drinking powdered milk.
“Oh, it tastes almost the same as real milk,” she would tell us.
But we all knew it tasted like white water.
Today’s intake will consist of a can of beans for lunch (I’ve already apologized to my co-workers) and day old bread with peanut butter. I also have a small container of canned fruit and a granola bar.


Day one and I’m already getting canned out.

Jeff Hurst

No comments:

Post a Comment